Tuesday, March 25, 2014

if you write it... you will remember...

Yep, I forget things.... I HAVE to write down everything in my life.   I've tried MANY different systems, and I REALLY wanted to love a digital system, but it just doesn't work for me.  The best thing for me is the old pen and paper way.  It may not be great for all the latest technology, but this is what works for my scatter-brained life.... 

I have a binder which contains:
~dollar store calendar


{I do my To Do List weekly.  I have 9 sections that include various areas of my life.  On Sunday nights, I write down what's going on and what I need to do or accomplish.  I also look through my goals and see if there is something that can be accomplished that week and write them down. I have to be flexible though, and realize that I may not always get to everything.  I peek at the list each morning and evaluate what I'm able to do that day.  Today I'm writing this blog post! Check!} I didn't use much color because I'm cheap with my ink and I like to print them out at home. If you like my system, please feel free to download a blank or filled one {HERE} .



~business and blog section
{when I have ideas, I can jot these down quickly and then transfer to the To Do List when needed}

~projects and goals section
{This contains personal, home and family projects and goals (yes, those goals have been in there for 2 winters. I think I need to rewrite them)}

~church calling and preparedness section
{I try to work on spiritual preparation as well as physical preparation. By following a monthly goal, I don't have to worry about everything at once.  It is mostly for learning since I have yet to obtain many of those things}

~homeschool section 
{In this section, I have a list of what the kids are currently doing as well as subsections for each subject.  When I am out and about and receive information for a homeschool event, I place these in the correlating subsections. I also jot down unit study ideas as well as things I think the kiddos need to be doing}

This really helps me live a less scatter-brained life. If you think this might work for you, feel free to download the To Do List and make it your own! 





No comments:

Post a Comment