Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Because today is a fun holiday, we are breaking away from our normal school routine and having a bit o' Irish fun! I thought I'd share what we are doing . 

Read Aloud: We checked out Magic Tree House Leprechaun in Late Winter from OverDrive

YouTube Videos: History of St. Patrick 
Destination Ireland (map work after watching this)

(My kids liked Famous Fat Dave and the Bet You Didn't Know ~ watch out for ratings)

Writing: We learned about Limericks 

(My middle schoolers read more out of the 
Usborne Science Encyclopedia)



Preschool Activities: I thought these Montessori Trays from li vie est belle were amazing! I had my daughter sort my messy extras bag and create a rainbow.  

Math:  Well, they didn't get out of their normal routine there... sorry kiddos. But had I been on top of things, the younger would have made a graph using Lucky Charms. 

For More Amazing Ideas Check Out free HomeSchool Deals



No comments:

Post a Comment