Monday, February 24, 2014

St. Patty's Day Activities

What do you do for St. Patrick's Day?  Do you decorate? Give gifts? Party? Wear green and call it good? I'm not one who normally decorates for St. Patrick's Day, but I can't wait for a package from my mom with the cutest crochet shamrocks.  I will probably put a few up around the house and be done with that part of the decor.  As far as gifts or activities go, when I was in 3rd grade, my teacher had us make Leprechaun Houses out of recycled boxes and containers.  I LOVED it so much that I actually did this on my own every year after. I would get the help of my brother and we would pretend we had a pet Leprechaun for the day.  Some years, we would make furniture and go all out.  I have since, when I remember, done this with my children.  They always love creating a fun house out of boxes and decorating for their Leprechaun.  As I searched Pinterest, I found a couple of super cute paper furniture templates.  These would be adorable to cut and put into the little Leprechaun homes.  Another idea would be to make Fairy Homes to use in a garden. Take a peek at my St. Patty's Day Pinterest Board for more inspiration. 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment